The mission of BatconPakistan.Org is to conserve wildlife and their ecosystems through research and community engagement
Batcon Pakistan is dedicated for the enduring protection of wildlife and their habitats and creating a world in which wildlife and humans successfully coexist through effective engagement. During the next five years Batcon Pakistan will work in Pakistan at scale with local, regional, national and multinational public and private partners to respond rapidly and effectively to bat conservation crises, preventing the extinction and extirpation of threatened bats as well as adopt proactive approach for curbing bat’s born zoonotic disease spillover event through effective engagement at each level.
- Educate key communities and the public at large on the importance of wildlife especially bats.
- Identify, prioritize and begin conserving the Pakistan most “Significant Wildlife Areas.”
- Developing Pakistan First “Bats’ Conservation Center” in Salt Range of Pakistan.
- Respond strategically to broad, irreversible threats that impact wildlife especially bats at multiple locations in Pakistan.
- Build a global network of conservation biologists, NGOs, corporations, public agencies, local communities and regional bat scientific networks to address global issues impacting bat species.
- Create the first actionable Pakistan bat inventory and conservation database.
- Empower the next generation of wildlife, bat conservationists and scientists and Stimulate research on the most pressing scientific questions relating to the lasting protection and value of all wildlife especially bats.
Work to develop the educational and public policy frameworks needed to safeguard bats as well as humans through bat’s borne zoonotic diseases.